Agent Live Insurance Agent Conference Review – by Dallas Motivational Speaker
U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year – Clay Clark
Over the past several years I have had the opportunity to speak at a variety of events, however recently I had the pleasure to “attend” the AgentLive event held in Dallas, Texas. This event featured some of America’s top insurance salesman teaching the systems and principles that have allowed them to become success stories and multi-millionaires.
As each agent spoke I found myself wowed by the conviction with which they spoke. They were not simply teaching theories or ideas. These guys and gals were teaching the proven success principles that work. It was impressive. The lineup of speakers featured:
DAVID SEWELL FARMERS
David Sewell, the AgentLive Emcee, is a highly sought-after industry speaker and 20-year career agent with Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. As one of the nation’s most successful Farmers Agents, Mr. Sewell is consistently honored with industry awards, including Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) (9 times), President’s Council (Farmers’ highest honor, 17 times), Top Life Agent (3 times), Farmers Championship (20 times), Farmers Toppers Club (20 times) and Agent of the Year.
AARON SMITH STATE FARM
Aaron Smith is an award winning, 17 year State Farm Agent who has been among the enterprise’s Top 10 in overall production three of the last six years, and Top 20 overall production for 10 years running. With a history of being a Lifetime Presidents’ Club qualifier in Auto, Fire, and Multi-line, a 15 time SVP Club qualifier, an MDRT qualifier and Chairman’s Circle member, and a three time Trophy Winner, Mr. Smith is arguably among State Farms’ elite agents.
JIM NICK AMERICAN FAMILY
Jim Nick is a multiple award-winning, 26 year American Family Agent who has been recognized for myriad awards for professional performance in insurance sales and service. Among them are American Family’s 1,000 Apps Club (17 times), AFLIC (21 times), All American (22 times), Consecutive All Americans (22 times), Peak Harvest (13 times), and Company Agent of the Month (4 times). He was also awarded a Life Diamond, the top honor bestowed by his company.
BOB NIELSEN FARMERS
Bob Nielsen is a 24-year, award-winning Farmers Agent with honors that include being the current Commercial Agent of the Year, and current & past Agent of the Year. He has held Presidents Council status 17 times, and has qualified for the MDRT for the last eight consecutive years. Mr. Nielsen is renowned across the industry for his expertise in effective multi-lining. Commercial selling, and staffing.
LAURA HARRIS ALLSTATE
Laura Harris is a nationally renowned speaker, entrepreneur, and author, as well as an extremely successful multi-line Allstate Insurance Agency owner. She is an expert in creating high-powered work teams that ensure that business continues to thrive, regardless whether the primary Agent is present. Her agency has won myriad awards, and she is frequently quoted on business issues in prestigious business publications such as The New York Times, Entrepreneur, and National Underwriter.
JOE WIMPEE FARMERS
Joe Wimpee is a seasoned Farmers Agent who is consistently rewarded for his achievements. In 2010 alone Mr. Wimpee was named number one multi-line agent, Life Insurance Agent of the Year, Life Specialist, and Top Financial Services Specialist. He’s also an eight-time member of the MDRT and eight consecutive year Presidents Council member, and consistently finishes as a Top 10 Agent in Texas.
DAVID CHRISTY STATE FARM
Dave Christy is a 16-year agent with State Farm, and consistently the recipient of industry and enterprise-wide awards that include Presidents Club for 7 consecutive years, as well as achieving Chairman’s Circle, Pacesetter, and SVP Club status every year. He is frequently in demand for high-level industry speaking engagements and is known within the State Farm family for his effectiveness in leveraging technology to hold agencies’ staffs accountable and keep them productive. He is also an expert in retention and new business strategies.
Each speaker has their own communication style and delivery style, however each agent seemed to believe in the same success principles. Regardless of the brand they worked for, they were each believed in themselves and in the scalable systems that they had created to grow their agencies.
Having been trainer a trainer with Farmers Insurance for the past 3 years, I was excited with the opportunity to expose our team to being around the best. I was excited for our team to see first hand just how much expectations and attitude to matter. If you are considering attending this event in the future I would highly recommend it.
Listed below you will find some of the more notable quotes our team gathered from this inspiring and incredibly practical insurance sales conference:
- “Pass out 500 cards per month.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “New business commissions should pay you overhead.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent) ”Sales fixes everything.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “Can I write this, can I write that. Always say “Yes.” – Bob Nelson (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “Success = Balance.” – Bob Nelson (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “I don’t care when you get home, but be home when you are home.” – Bob Nelson (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “Don’t mistake activity for achievement.” – John Wooden (NCAA Hall of Fame Basketball Coach)
- “Be home on time. You aren’t late for your appointments. Don’t be late for your family.” – Bob Nelson (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “Are your people touching the line?” – David Sewell (Crushers basketball analogy)
- “When you begin selling insurance, if you can breathe and sign your name you qualify for my book.”
- “Don’t let your family say, I can have your time, but I can’t get your attention.” – Laura Harris
- “I am the brand. We are the brand.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “One of your greatest assetts in sales in to talk highly about your brand.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “I’ve got to be up when everybody is down.” – David Sewell (Farmers Insurance Agent)
- “Your people will only respect what you inspect.” – Dave Christy (State Farm Insurance Agent)
- “Life insurance is important because people die. If you don’t ask people about life insurance you are not doing your job.” – Jim Nick (American Family Insurance)
- “Families always call me at the time of death to help with their bills so I want to make sure you are prepared.” – Jim Nick (American Family Insurance)
- “Add value or pass.” – Bob Nielson (Farmers Insurance)
- “Use technology to monitor results.” – Dave Christy (State Farm Insurance)
- “Treat your customers and staff like family.” – David Christy (State Farm Insurance)
- “When you can delegate all parts of the business that you do not enjoy. Therefore, live the dream.” – Dave Christy (State Farm Insurance)
- “Pay people based on how you get paid.” – Dave Christy (State Farm Insurance)
- “Use a concierge program.” – Bob Nielson (Farmers Insurance)
- “Can you be gone from your office for 30 days before your office explodes.” – Laura Harris (Allstate Insurance)
- “Every desk should be organized identically.” – Laura Harris (Allstate Insurance)
- “Make a list of all processes. Design your job. Define every process in writing. Delegate most important jobs. Assign all jobs, each to one person. Train and cross-train. Measure what you want to move. Spot check periodically. Constantly learn and twea.” – Laura Harris (Allstate Insurance)
Clay Clark – U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year
Business Coach / Serial Entrepreneur
918-481-2080 – Office – 918-851-6920 – Direct
Fears & Clark Realty Group
Tulsa’s #1 Commercial Real Estate Team:
Flavors With Bite
ManUp Entrepreneurship Bootcamps
Helping people build successful, scalable, duplicatable and profitable businesses.
DJ Connection Nationwide
Providing America’s special events with interactive, engaging and fun entertainment.
Make Your Life Epic
Providing entertaining and educational motivational speaking and consulting services.
Below are links to Organizations we support:
Tulsa office space, Tulsa warehouse space for lease, Tulsa commercial real estate, Tulsa Commercial Realty, Tulsa retail space for lease, Tulsa office building, Dallas Motivational Speakers, Dallas Business Coach, Dallas Sales Coach, Tulsa Motivational Speakers, Tulsa Business Coach, Dallas Sales Coach, Tulsa Commercial Real Estate, Tulsa Real Estate, Find Homes in Tulsa, Find Homes in Jenks, Find Homes in Bixby, Tulsa DJs, Dallas DJs,Oklahoma City DJs, DJs in Tulsa, DJs in Dallas, DJs in Oklahoma City, Dallas Wedding DJs, Tulsa Wedding DJs, Oklahoma City DJs, Tulsa Wedding Photographers, Oklahoma City Wedding Photographers, Dallas Wedding Photographers, Tulsa Photographers, Oklahoma City Photographers, Dallas Photographers, Dallas Sales Trainer, Tulsa Sales Trainer, Start A Successful Business, Business Startup Guide, Business Guide, Business Startup Book,Entrepreneurship Book, Entrepreneurship Books, Oklahoma City Sales Trainer, Epic Photos Tulsa, Epic Photos Dallas, Dallas Wedding DJs,Dallas Wedding DJ, Dallas Wedding Photographer, Dallas Wedding Photography, Tulsa Wedding Photographer, Tulsa Wedding Photography, Tulsa Fitness Bootcamps, Fitness Bootcamps Tulsa, Tulsa Wedding Cakes, Wedding Cakes Tulsa, Tulsa Cakes, Cakes Tulsa, Tulsa Wedding Videography, Tulsa Wedding Videographers, Tulsa Wedding Videos, Wedding Videos Tulsa, Wedding Video Tulsa, Tulsa Wedding Video Team, CT Videography Tulsa, CT Videography Dallas, Tulsa Wedding Limousines, Tulsa Wedding Limousine, Tulsa Wedding Limo, Tulsa Limo Wedding, Wedding Limos In Tulsa,Wedding Limo In Tulsa
- Find out how we're different, and put our team to work for you.
- 10 years experience and $22+ million sold can do for you.
- Marketing guru, yes. SEO pro, yep. Successful businessman, yes again.
- Get an unprecedented inside look at Featured Fears & Clark properties.